Monday, October 19, 2009

Learning Photoshop?

I have used Ulead Photoimpact for 5 years now and I now pretty much all of the features. I am now working part time in photo restoration and the only program on the computer is Adobe Photoshop.



I told my boss I've never used Photoshop but I'm highly skilled at photoimpact. I also told him I am willing to learn and should know the basics as I'm a fast learner when it comes to new software in general. I sart this job on Wednesday.



Is Photoshop much harder to learn than Photoimpact and are they very different. I know how to use tools like "Magic Wand" Lasoo" and I know how to use layering. Are all these features in Adobe Photoshop?



Learning Photoshop?firewall



Yep, Photoshop uses the magic wand and has a lasso and layering and all that. I have never used the other program you are talking about, but most of the other software I have used really was not that different. It's mostly just getting familiar with where to find the tools and filters rather than how to use them. As you learn to use the program, if you can't seem to find a filter or a certain tool, simply google something like "photoshop tutorial lasso tool" or whatever it is you need to know - there are tons of sites with tips and tricks that will illustrate whatever you need to learn real quick. I still google tutorials when I need to and I've used photoshop for years and years. If youve used other image software, it will be a peice of cake for you. You might even be able to download a trial version to get a head start on familiarizing yourself with it before you go in on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment