Thursday, October 22, 2009

Photoshop printing quality question?

So I have been playing around and trying different ways to print a decent picture that I have edited in photoshop. I have changed my resolutions from 150, then to 300 because I havent been getting the results I want. I also did change my image to cmyk. For some reason when I print the image it's not that "rich" in color. It almost looks too light. Everything on my computer looks great, just the way I want it. How come the colors are just not as dark? I have a printer that prints quality photo lab prints, however this is my first time using it. I know its cabaple of printing a nice image because somwhere along the lines I accidently printed the image and it printed just a cornor of the image which looked perfect. What settings do I use? I'm using photoshop cs2.



Photoshop printing quality question?virus protection software



300dpi is a standard for printer (flyer, photo) remember to correct the pc screen setting to match your print



Photoshop printing quality question?adware



Make sure that you didn't upsize the image from 150 dpi to 300dpi. In the advanced tab there is a setting to select "photo quality".



http://coastalimpressions.com/ Report It


Try adobe photoshop its a download its free and i use it all the time and i get paid for my photos.good luck
Okay, since nobody has really explained this well, yet, i'll give it a whirl:



Sounds like your printer is good enough, but here's the deal:



You need to pay attention to:



1. The type of paper you are using



2. The settings in your print manager.



Don't know if you are using a mac or a pc, but when you go to print, click on 'advanced', and you may have to set up a test grid and print one square at a time to get the right results. Once you figure it out, though, you'll have it for other prints. If you know you can get it, (as evidenced by your 'mistake' print mentioned above), then just tweak the settings until it is there. paper choice makes a huge difference, though.



Hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment