Thursday, October 22, 2009

Adobe Photoshop help.?

Alright, I'll try to explain. For example, I want to make a button for a website. I have the button made from a different program and saved it's image. I load up the image with Adobe Photoshop. How do I make the background of the image transparent so you can only see the button when it's uploaded onto a website? Trying to figure out how to get it to work. I thought I did but it has a white background and the website has a dark grey background so it doesn't match... I thought Photoshop can make the background of an image transparent some how?



Thanks to all your responses!



Adobe Photoshop help.?abtuvurys 2005



Well, there are a few solutions to this. First of all, when you start out your document in PS, you want your background set to "Transparent". However, if you have a layer titled "Background" that is completely white, just delete that layer. Also, if you're making it for Firefox, the image must be in a .PNG to be transparent. If you're making it for IE, the image must be a .GIF. However, I've always found it easier to just make the background of the image the same color as the background of the site. It reduces pixelation along curves.

No comments:

Post a Comment